Pregnancy is a wonderful time but these days, it is riddled with too much fear. News and rumors alike have managed to scare us out of our wits.
Calm down. It is not so bad. You can still enjoy your pregnancy instead of living in fear. Here are things that you shouldn’t let affect you at all:
- Zika virus: This virus has terrified our very souls but did you know that there isn’t one case of Zika in the United States? That’s right. Not even one has been found to be acquired within USA. Plus, scientists have said that they aren’t even sure that there’s a link between the disease and pregnancy. So, yeah, stop worrying about it.
- Placental abruption: Yes, placental abruption is very serious but you must know it is also very rare! It is seen in less than 1% pregnancies across the world!
- Preeclampsia: This problem has gotten a lot of traction in the past few months thanks to celebrities speaking up about it but people, people, it is rare! Only around 5% women in the USA are affected by it. Thus, unless you see symptoms or the doctors warns you about it, you shouldn’t worry.
These and many others are common fears that we face during pregnancy. Go easy on yourself. Focus on your baby and savor the moments of pregnancy!
Pregnant? We know the thrill. We are also aware of the nervousness through this time. What to buy? What not to buy? Do you need this? Do you need that? Is this safe? That may be harmful!
All this confusion can give you a headache. Don’t worry! It is not that bad. You just need to have a clear picture of your needs. For example, you need clothes for the baby but you don’t need too many of them! Why? Because your little one will grow out of them very soon! You don’t need a plethora of toys either! Just a few that toys are engaging and safe are enough for her. Also, you don’t need a special basket for smelly diapers. You can use an old trash can for the same purpose.
- You don’t need a changing table. The bed will do.
- You don’t need a diaper bag. Your large handbag will do.
- You need numerous baby carriers.
- You don’t need too many pacifiers or bottles!
Be sensible in your purchase and wait until the baby arrives if you have to but don’t be hasty. You will spend uselessly. We all know how expensive this stuff is.
Image Credits: Fuse/ Thinkstock Photos
Pregnancy brings a lot of joy but along with that, it brings a few issues.
Right from the time you get pregnant, you endure morning sickness, odd cravings, sleep issues, back pain, and so on.
One of the common issues during pregnancy is heartburn. Heartburn during pregnancy can actually be very painful. Thankfully, there are things you can do to avoid the heartburn.
- Antacids: Antacids can indeed help you curb heartburns. Make sure you buy an antacid with calcium and completely avoid antacids with aluminum during pregnancy. Know that this tip may not work for everyone.
- Eat properly: Overeating or eating large meals can make things worse for you. Always eat on time and eat small meals. There is no need to stuff yourself just because you are pregnant.
- Eat foods that help: Foods that help against heartburns include milk. Cold milk will help you a lot. Keep away from onion, garlic, cabbage, caffeine, and spicy foods. Drink lots of water!
Photo Credits: Damien Cansse
Workouts during pregnancy help you stay active and get ready for baby. Prenatal Yoga is a unique variation of traditional yoga. In this exercise we will learn the wall slide to squat position.
Oh we all love chocolate. Right from the eldest to youngest of people, chocolates rule.
As if we needed a reason to eat chocolates, here’s a classic one for pregnant ladies. Doctors say that if they ate chocolates while they were pregnant, their babies would be active. Doctors say that pregnant women should eat all types of sweets too. Babies move better thus. Once these babies are delivered, they are very much active and positive.
There are substances present in chocolates that affect the brain. These effects are positive for both the mother and the baby. Chocolates also have substances that increase affection. Hence, chocolates are recommended by doctors.
What are you waiting for then? Grab a chocolate and go munching. You don’t need to worry about anything at all. Especially when you are pregnant, make sure you eat at least one chunk each day!
Your daily cup of coffee keeps you awake, doesn’t it? Most of you surely can’t go a day without the coffee. Coffee is a part and parcel of almost everyone’s life today. Many people begin the day with a cup of coffee or tea and go through the rest of the day with occasional cups too. The drink keeps us going, yeah?
But here is some news for those who are trying to get pregnant. Studies have shown that coffee may lead to infertility. Baffling and scary but true.
Coffee apparently impairs the fallopian tubes by having a direct effect on the muscles. Eggs are carried by the fallopian tube to the uterus. The contractions of muscles are inhibited and thus, the egg is not transported to the uterus for fertilization.
Of course, the study was carried out on rodents and thus, nothing can be said for sure right now.
Better safe than extremely sorry though, isn’t it?