Shampooing your hair every other day can make them dry and frizzy, and if you have curly hair, you have to deal with a hell that’s worse. If you’ve been looking to find ways to avoid suds and water touching your hair while still keeping your hair clean, your search ends here. We’ve got some women to share their ingenious hacks and we are letting you in on their secrets.
Here’s what you can do:
- Combine corn starch and a few drops of lavender essential oil and sprinkle it all over your scalp, sectioning bits of hair as you go along. Let it sit for an hour and then run a brush through your hair. The corn starch will take care of the grime and oils and the oil will render a pleasant, fresh fragrance to your hair.
- Use a cleansing balm. They are free of silicones, dyes, and sulphates and they can clean your hair dirt and oil without an effort. What’s more, it leaves your hair super hydrated too.
- Combine a quarter cup of arrowroot powder and a quarter cup of witch hazel. Stir in a cup of water and fill the solution in a spray bottle. Liberally spray on the roots and oily areas of your hair, let dry and be surprised.
There you go! Save you hair and that water too.
Head lice is every mom’s nightmare. The endless scratching, the pain and the rashes that follow is painful to see. If you are looking to stop those nasty creatures in their pants and not annoy the hell out of your beloved child, here’s what you can do:
- The peak time for lice infestations to occur is during summer. You have to be extra cautious during that time. Ideally chop your child’s hair off to as much as you can for easier lice removal and less chances of full-fledged infestation.
- Run a nit comb through your kid’s hair at least once every week to ensure the nits are out before they hatch.
- Use preventive shampoos that have rosemary as their prime ingredient help keep the lice off your head for as long as you can.
- Don’t leave your child’s hair loose when she is interacting and playing with other kids. Hair that is pulled back in a ponytail reduces bridges and prevents lice from getting into her hair through another.
- Use pesticide-free products to kill those nits and bugs. One such product is the vamousse but quite a few alternatives are available in the market.
- Always disinfect the sheets, pillows, and combs after using them to prevent an aggravated infestation.
Now go stop the critters from ruining your child’s peace of mind.
Image Credits: Jovanmandic/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos
Want sleek and straight hair? Buy a flat iron!
Flat irons are easy to use and the results are awesome! You don’t need to run to the parlor every other day for straight hair because you can easily use flat irons at home to achieve silky straight hair. Before you go any further, here are tips for you:
- The first step would be to buy an appropriate iron. Bad quality flat irons can ruin your hair. Buy one with ceramic plates with proper width so that you straighten your hair with ease and without problems.
- Wash your hair thoroughly and condition it. This will help you protect your hair and ensure that it is smooth. Buy shampoos and conditioners that specifically cater to your hair type.
- If you already have straight hair you can simply blow dry your hair. If you have curly hair you will have to start the straightening ritual while blow drying itself. Use a large round brush while blow drying so that you straighten your hair. Wrap a few strands and uncurl as you dry.
- Now you may turn the flat iron on and start using it when it is hot enough. Clamp your hair from near the roots, being very careful not to touch the scalp. Work with a small section each time.
- Once you are done, apply a good finishing product so that your hair looks perfect.
Image Credits: Justus Bluemer
Short hair is quite cool but are you ready for it?
Short hair can be highly appealing but there is the need to consider a few things before deciding to chop it all off. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- You will have to wear makeup once you get your haircut. This is because your face will be the center of attraction now. Plus, you have quite a masculine haircut. To give yourself a feminine touch you have to wear at least little makeup.
- You have to style your hair every single day. The good news is that since your hair is short, it will be very easy.
- Short hair does not suit everyone. You have to be sure that it suits you. Simply tie your hair in a ponytail and check out all your features. Only if you like your look should you go with it.
- You will need to go to the salon once in 6 weeks for a trim so that you maintain the hairstyle and continue to look great.
- Think about the future before going for it. Do you have a wedding come up in the next year? If yes, do you want to attend it in short hair, a bob cut, or long hair? Think about such things and then make a decision.
Image Credits: Mary-Lynn
Looking for easy hair treatments that you can do at home in order to have great hair everyday?
Well, that is very much possible! You just need a few items in the house to fix your hair quickly. Here you are:
- Use citrus: If you have blonde hair, which needs a little shine, you can apply a citrus fruit. Take a lemon and squeeze it into your strands. To highlight your hair better, you should apply a mix of lemon and orange juice.
- Use tomato juice: Tomato juice is the perfect cure for green hair. Yes, green. Chlorine molecules and hard water have the potential of turning your hair green. Simply massage the juice in your hair and the green will vanish.
- Use flour: Flour is an excellent dry shampoo! Just sprinkle flour onto your hair and wait for ten seconds. Comb it off or dust it off and you can head out immediately without washing your hair!
- Use Cranberry juice: Cranberry juice will give your hair a dramatic appearance. Pour the juice into your hair and stay like that for five minutes. If you want a deep red shade, let the juice stay for a little longer. Rinse after that.
Photo Credits: Corey Burger
There are times when you wake up late or are in a hurry and your hair is a mess. You don’t have the time to take care of it and wash it. What do you do?
Well, you don’t have to go out with that mess. You can use a dry shampoo to get instant beautiful hair with ease! Instead of buying a new shampoo, though, how about creating your own?
Here is an excellent DIY dry shampoo solution for you:
You will need:
- Baking soda: 1-2 tbsp. or Cornstarch: 1-2 tbsp. or ground oatmeal: 4 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder: 1-2 tbsp.
- Take the ingredient of your choice and add to a small bottle with a small mouth. A bottle with a shake top would be perfect.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix properly.
- Now pull your hair up, away from your head, with your fingers and tap the mixture onto your roots. Those who have long hair may flip their hair and start working from the underside.
- Now comb the ingredients with your fingers or a brush or a comb.
- Check the results. If you see any powder left, work it into your hair so that it doesn’t show.
- If you missed any areas, apply some more powder.
Photo Credits: Misty Kelley
Want great hair? It’s easy!
Oh no, I am not going to advertise some product here and say that it will give you what you are looking for. No.
I am going to tell you about natural ingredients that will help you have the locks you always dreamed of. Read on:
- Shea butter: Shea butter is a great conditioner. It doesn’t just seal in the moisture but also repairs all the damaged strands. It is an excellent moisturizer for skin, too!
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is for those who have dry and brittle hair. It is an excellent pre-shampoo treatment.
- Honey: Honey is not known as Liquid Gold for nothing. It has so many beneficial properties that you’ll actually be baffled. It is a moisturizer and conditioner for hair and it also smoothens your strands to make them really soft.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is the answer to all your dandruff problems. It also works as an excellent de-tangler. You can simply leave it in and enjoy great hair for long hours.
Photo Credits: Tony Villaró
Hair dryers are part and parcel of hair care today.
Having said that, simply making your purchase is not enough. You should also know when to dump your hair dryer. Why? Because a spoiled hair dryer can damage your hair terribly.
Here are signs that show that it is time to dump the dryer:
- Check out the filter. Is it clogged? If yes, try cleaning it off. If you are not able to clean it, it is a sign that you need a new dryer.
- If it rattles like crazy and shakes, you should replace it. You don’t have to put up with that annoying noise. Rattling is mainly because there is something wrong with the impeller. Of course you can have it repaired but it will cost you a lot.
- Is it noisy? If yes, may be the fan blades have something on them. Try checking the fan blades and cleaning them. If you can’t, please replace the dryer. Using such a dryer could even lead to a fire!
- Does your dryer take forever to dry your hair? If yes, what is the point of even using a dryer? You will only expose your hair to more heat and that will mean more damage. Replace!
Photo Credits: Teeejayy
Is your hair dull and damaged?
Damaged hair has become very common because of our lifestyle. These days, we are so caught up in our busy schedules that we completely forget that taking care of ourselves is very important.
What do we do then? We try to take some time out for our health and appearance by trying out new DIY applications! Here’s an application for your hair. It will moisturize your hair so that it is not dull anymore.
You will need:
- Plain yogurt: ½ cup
- Honey: ½ cup
- Almond oil: 1 tbsp.
- Take a small bowl to mix all the three ingredients together.
- Make sure the mixture is smooth.
- Now wet your hair a little so that it is damp and apply the mixture onto your hair.
- Comb your hair evenly.
- Relax for twenty minutes with the mixture in your hair.
- Do this regularly for extremely moisturized hair!
Photo Credits: Siona Karen
The ponytail is the ideal choice for all women because it is so reliable. Whether you are running errands or at the gym, or whether you have a date, a ponytail is the answer for you. The main reason why ponytails are such a hit is that they are extremely versatile. No matter what kind of hair you like, the ponytail is always there to come to your rescue.
1. Classic ponytails: These are polished and smooth. These are secured in the middle of the back of the head. This style is timeless and classic.
2. Low ponytails: These are the best choice for formal occasions. They are chic and you can either set them to the side or down the middle. These work even for shorter hair!
3. High ponytails: These are a rage today. They are extremely stylish and you can almost all celebrities adorn them.