Shampooing your hair every other day can make them dry and frizzy, and if you have curly hair, you have to deal with a hell that’s worse. If you’ve been looking to find ways to avoid suds and water touching your hair while still keeping your hair clean, your search ends here. We’ve got some women to share their ingenious hacks and we are letting you in on their secrets.
Here’s what you can do:
- Combine corn starch and a few drops of lavender essential oil and sprinkle it all over your scalp, sectioning bits of hair as you go along. Let it sit for an hour and then run a brush through your hair. The corn starch will take care of the grime and oils and the oil will render a pleasant, fresh fragrance to your hair.
- Use a cleansing balm. They are free of silicones, dyes, and sulphates and they can clean your hair dirt and oil without an effort. What’s more, it leaves your hair super hydrated too.
- Combine a quarter cup of arrowroot powder and a quarter cup of witch hazel. Stir in a cup of water and fill the solution in a spray bottle. Liberally spray on the roots and oily areas of your hair, let dry and be surprised.
There you go! Save you hair and that water too.
Growing hair out can be frustrating especially after you have experimented and failed at a haircut and cannot wait for the look to disappear. Well, nothing comes free. So, you have to put in a tad bit of effort to help your hair grow out faster than it ever did.
Here’s the plan:
- Massage your scalp. It is a proven fact that massaging increases blood flow to the scalp and hence stimulates hair growth. Do a dry massage right after getting up from bed, then do one when your hair is wet in the shower and then once or twice a week massage a conditioning oil on your scalp such as coconut and olive oil. Use firm massaging strokes and apply a little pressure to ensure optimum stimulation of hair follicles.
- Use a good exfoliating shampoo. Hair growth has been known to slow down due to build-up of dust and hair product on your scalp. Using an exfoliating shampoo will help unclog scalp pores and rev up your hair production.
- Treat your hair right. Avoid using heat tools and hair stylers often. They lead to breakage, frays, and dull, brittle hair that will just refuse to grow. If you must use a styler, use an appropriate product on your hair for lesser damage first.
- Take nutritional supplements. Nutritionists swear by biotin supplements to make hair and nails grow faster and healthier. Know that beautiful hair is more to do with the inside of your body than the outside. If you eat healthy, you will have healthier hair. Simple.
- Ensure your diet contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. The former promotes hair growth while the latter helps your scalp create new follicles. So eat your eggs, yoghurt, and lean meat.
There you go! These simple tips will help you grow out your hair faster than you’d expect. Go flaunt long gorgeous tresses.
And you thought Kylie Jenner was the queen of sudden hair makeovers!
Serena Williams took everyone by storm by appearing in a very different new hairstyle. She had shoulder-length turquoise ombré hair!
We are positive that this hairdo isn’t real but we can’t stop ourselves from obsessing over the sudden move from her signature hairstyle! The tennis legend posted a snap on Instagram on Wednesday night with her new hair and captioned it, “For Genie and Chrissie. U asked for it. Lol.”
We started making wild guesses about the inspiration behind this hairstyle and we suddenly realized it was St. Patrick’s Day a week ago. May be she celebrated it a little late?
Well, whatever it may be, the wig and the extensions did truly sweep us off our feet!
Image Credits: Matthew Stockman/ Getty Images Sport/ Thinkstock Photos
Worried that your hair isn’t growing healthily? Thinning hair a concern? A change in diet is all that you need! Listed below are a few foods that you should add to your diet for better hair strength and growth:
- Yellow bell peppers: They have a lot more vitamin C than oranges and this vitamin is very important for hair growth
- Salmon: Omega-3 fatty acids, which salmon has in plenty, boosts hair growth
- Eggs: Eggs have Omega-3 as well as biotin, making them super foods
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes have beta-carotene, which later forms vitamin A
- Almonds: With almonds your hair will not just grow longer but also thicker. This is because almonds have high quantities of biotin in them.
- Sunflower seeds: A few seeds are enough to give you lots of vitamin E
- Oysters: Zinc deficiency is a leading cause of hair fall. Oysters will eliminate that. Make sure, though, that you are careful about the kinds of oysters you eat. Oysters from the Gulf of Mexico have cadmium, which is very dangerous
So, when’s the diet change scheduled?
Image Credits: Lipik1/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos
Did you know mayonnaise does much more than weaken your taste buds? It is an excellent remedy for dull hair!
All you need is a mayo mask and you’ll stop spending money on expensive treatments.
Take a bowl with around ½ cup mayonnaise in it. Add super ingredient number two: yogurt. Mix and add another super ingredient: the egg. Make sure you only use the egg white.
Mix all these together and apply on your hair. Let it stay for around 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. Make sure you cover your hair nicely so that it works on your frayed ends.
This treatment may not be suitable for those with fine hair.
Image Credits: vikif/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos
Are you surprised to see too much hair thinning everyday? We all lose hair but too much is too bad. It is probably because of a variety of reasons, some of which we have enlisted here:
- You are using a plastic brush: Plastic brushes are harsh. Don’t use them.
- Not using conditioner: Conditioners help hair by restoring the oils that the shampoo removes. A moisturizing conditioner is a must.
- Using too many styling products or using them too frequently. The heat can cause severe hair loss.
- Brushing your hair immediately after a head bath. Leave your wet hair ALONE! Towel dry your hair gently and let it air dry before you brush it.
- Too much exposure to sun: UV rays can make your hair fragile and cause damage. Use a hat if you going to be out too long.
Image Credits: LittleBee80/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos
Overgrown hairstyle? That is the worst!
Sometimes you are recovering from a bad haircut and sometimes you are in between two stages of hair growth. There are also times when you are waiting to go to the stylist. What do you do during these periods? We have solutions for the overgrown bangs!
- Twist them up! Simply grab a section of your bang, twist it up neatly, and pin it at the back. You can go for a soft twist or a tight twist based on what suits your face.
- Braid it: Braiding your hair is an excellent way of covering up the overgrown bangs and looking great at the same time. Divide your hair in 3 sections and then braid it. Pin it up.
- Lift: You can tease your bangs for a whole new look as well. All you have to do is comb your bangs in sections, use hairspray on them, and tease them from underneath to create a base.
Bonus tip: If you are worried about graying hair, simply use your mascara to blacken it! The shade of the mascara should obviously match the shade of your hair!
Image Credits: robertprzybysz/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos
Long hair is beautiful and enhances beauty. However, it can get quite difficult to maintain, which is why many women prefer chopping their tresses.
The trick to retaining beautiful long hair is taking some time to maintain it. Trust us, it is not that tedious. We have a few tips for you that will help you in this regard:
- Be gentle with your hair. Yes, long hair will easily get entangled but that doesn’t mean you get harsh with it. Detangle your hair using a conditioner so that you don’t break half of the strands in your quest!
- Split ends, when unattended, can damage your hair and cause breakage. That is why you must keep trimming them regularly.
- Air dry your hair unless you have absolutely no choice. Using the blow dryer every time you wash your hair can strip it of it essential oils and cause drying. Drying leads to hair fall. Hence, you must air dry!
- Massage your scalp regularly. Massaging help enhance circulation, which in turn helps hair growth.
- Increasing protein intake and going for protein treatments can also keep your long hair healthy.
Image Credits: moodboard/ moodboard/ Thinkstock Photos
We live in a weird world where women with straight hair buy curlers and women with curly hair buy straighteners.
Curly hair is beautiful but we are sure you’d disagree if you were born with it. You’d say it is high maintenance and that no matter how much you try you can’t tame it. You may also say that curls require you to spend hours together with the brush. Well, we have a few reasons for you to embrace them!
- They are highly versatile.
- They are voluminous.
- Curly hair doesn’t need washing every day.
- A blow out lasts longer.
- You can have lots of fun with your hair!
Not sure where the “fun” with curly hair is? Let’s check that out as well:
- Apply curling cream on your hair and twist your hair, one inch at a time.
- Now use a diffuser or a scrunching technique to dry your hair.
- Once the moisture is gone, use a 1-inch curling iron and rotate in the direction of the curls.
- Use a texture paste now so that the waves blend together. All done!
Image Credits: Zdenka Darula/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos
Want to stand out and attract attention? Color your hair!
You might think that hair coloring is common. How will it help you stand apart? Well, the answer is simple. Go for rainbow hair color! Rainbow hair is becoming increasingly popular today because it is stylish and fashionable. You may think that such colors look great only on Lady Gaga and Rihanna. You are wrong. You can rock them too with our tips!
- If you don’t want to look like Lady Gaga you can simply color the tips of your hair. This style will help you look attractive but not extremely bold.
- You can streak your hair with different colors as well. This style looks particularly good on blond hair. Just streak it here and there.
- If you love the color pink you can choose a shade that looks good on your skin tone. Talk to an expert if you are doubtful and go for it.
- How about ombre hair color? It is a clear winner.
- After you color your hair, braid it. The rainbow colors will look beautiful.
Image Credits: Scott Griessel/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos