This holiday season is not just about food, frolic, and fun. It is also about giving and doing good for others. Here’s what you can do:
1. Organize a food drive with your loved ones. You will be giving back to the community along with developing skills at the organizational and leadership levels. Look for a food bank for help. They will have clear guidelines about the food they accept and pick up.
2. Why not bake cookies for soldiers? Pack them tightly and with lot of padding so that they reach them safely.
3. Sponsor a holiday meal. There are organizations, which offer opportunities for sponsoring holiday meals to those who are not as privileged as we are.
4. Community gardens are also a great idea. Teach kids about food and how to grow it. Volunteers will help your kids learn everything from gardening to manning.
5. If your holiday is too hectic to do anything and yet you want to do good, donate. That is the best you can do.