Split ends can be a real pain. They can wreck how your hair looks and you have to trim them to get rid of them. Here is some information about split ends so you know why your hair ends up with split ends and what you should do.
Split ends are caused due to a number of reasons such as using hot appliances every day, brushing wet hair, poor hair styling devices, regular highlighting, coloring, etc.
Controlling split ends on the other hand requires a lot of care on your part. Here are a few useful tips:
1. Use a hydrating shampoo that is a good moisturizer.
2. Always rinse your hair with cool water. Avoid hot water.
3. Never brush through wet hair. Use a wide-toothed comb if you really have to comb your hair while it is wet.
4. Use an ionic blow dryer and make sure you apply shine serum before drying.
5. Before using hot appliances, apply a hair protecting serum.
For Fall 2012, Elizabeth and James delivered a muted palette of creams, grays, and blacks with a variety of must-have separates. From fur-trimmed, to herringbone, to bright red, the standouts from this collection are definitely the sumptuous Winter-ready coats. The line also touches on one of our favorite, and comfiest trends – pajama-inspired separates in pretty prints.
The appearance of grey hair strands can be devastating. However, one you take in the shock you’ll start wondering what to do – dye or not! Covering greys may not appeal to some of you and dying can actually be very expensive. Why not embrace greys by coming up with great new hairstyle?
The thing is that your hair is your biggest asset and you should adorn it. Take the onset of greys as a great opportunity to don a new hairstyle!
Enhancing: You could enhance the grey colored strands. Blend the shade of grey by choosing highlights or lowlights corresponding to your natural hair color. Balance is very important and thus you should keep the color of your eyes and skin in mind when you choose the shade.
Shine: The shine as well as texture of grey hair is different. Grey hair is coarse, dull, thick and frizzy in comparison to normal hair. This is why they stand out and are easily visible. There are grey hair shampoos that you could use in order to make them shine and blend in with the rest of your hair. For fine hair, volumizing shampoos are a good option and don’t use conditioners.
- If you have fine hair, go for short hair. Long fine hair does not look very healthy. Shoulder length is more than enough. Don’t pull your hair and protect them using a hair dryer on a low setting.
- If you have curly hair, use a shampoo containing shea butter. Let your hair dry naturally. An olive oil based finishing product can give the needed shine and definition.
- For this hair, be careful not to keep washing it too often. Too much washing will make your hair brittle. Shampoo only once a week and use a shampoo containing shea butter so that your hair is moisturized.
Special Treatments: There are different products that you could use to enhance the hair color such as vitamin E oil. If you have damaged hair, leave it over night and wash it in the morning. Fish oils, vitamin B6 and B12 are also recommended.
Laser is a permanent remedy to unwanted hair. The hair follicles are destroyed with heat through laser.
- It is an excellent remedy for those with dark hair and fair skin.
- Any side effects are short lasting.
- Side effects are usually minimal.
- The procedure might sting.
- It takes about 6 treatments before you can see noticeable hair reduction.
- Blistering, redness, scarring, swelling and discoloration are the side effects of this treatment.
- Sometimes, hair may grow back and you may need more treatments to follow.
- Those who have medium or dark skin can require more treatments. This is because the skin pigment has the ability to absorb laser light.
- It is very expensive.
- This is a permanent hair reduction method. Not a permanent hair removal method.
Threading involves using a thread as a lasso and pulling the unwanted hair out right from its follicle. It is mainly done only for shaping eyebrows.
- Results last longer than tweezing. You can have well shaped eyebrows for 4 weeks.
- If you go to a good salon, you will have well threaded eyebrows in minutes.
- Threading is safe because there are no chemicals used.
- Inexperienced threading can be painful as well as inefficient. Your hair will grow back quickly.
- Other hair removal options like tweezing are cheaper.
Hot wax is a commonly used to get rid of unwanted hair from the body. The procedure is quick. You have to apply the wax on your the particular body part, cover it with a cloth and remove it with one sharp yank. The unwanted hair will get pulled along with the cloth.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of this procedure:
- You will have smooth hair-free arms and feet for a minimum of 4 weeks. The effects can even last for 6 weeks.
- You have the advantage of being able to do it in the privacy of your house.
- You can opt for professional waxing too.
- This can be painful.
- You can’t wax your eyebrows unless you are a thorough professional. It can be very difficult to get the right shape with the wax.
- If you choose a salon with unsanitary conditions, you can catch an infection through waxing.
- There is a risk of burning your skin because you are using hot wax.
- Waxing is not recommended for fragile skin.
This procedure is not as inexpensive as tweezing and depilatories.
These are creams containing chemicals that are used to remove unwanted hair from your body.
Here are the positives and negatives of depilatories:
- You can use them in your private space as you feel convenient.
- They are cost-effective.
- They are easily available and you can find them in the drug store.
- Within 10 minutes, you will have removed unwanted hair from your body.
- You can’t use them for your eyebrows. They are suitable for your hands and legs or even your armpits.
- You should be careful not to apply them for long because they have the potential of burning your skin. They need to be applied carefully and kept away from sensitive skin like the skin around your eyes.
- Some depilatories have a strong smell.
A container could cost you about $10.
Tweezing your hair out can be easily done at home but you should know the pros and cons of it before you try doing it on your own. Here they are:
- It is the most inexpensive method for you to shape your eyebrows.
- You don’t need to make any appointments or wait for you turn
- You can control how your eyebrows look and shape them exactly how you want them.
- Over-tweezing may result in badly shaped eyebrows that can ruin the way you look. Or, you may end up creating a shape that does not suit you at all.
- The results are not long lasting.
- It is painful.
- You need to be very careful.
Think thus, before choosing to tweeze your eyebrows yourself. Buy a good pair of tweezers to be able to tweeze with ease. Buying eyebrow powder is also advisable.
Calluses form on the area of your skin that you apply a lot of pressure to. For example, guitar players may have calluses on their fingers due to prolonged playing of the instrument. These might not be painful on your fingertips but they will be if they form on your feet. They usually form when you wear high heels or very tight shoes.
Here are some tips to prevent calluses:
- Stay away from narrow toes shoes and those that are too tight.
- Avoid high heels or any types of shoes that pressurize your feet.
- Your shoes should fit you perfectly and should be supportive.
- Make sure you measure your size before making a purchase. Your feet won’t be of the same size all the time.
- Preferably, go about your shoe shopping in the evening because your feet are the largest in the later part of the day.
Simply be careful and avoid painful calluses.
Frizz is common and there is barely any woman who does not suffer from frizz. Frizz is basically breakage and if you leave your hair to itself despite the frizz, it can get worse. So basically, it is up to you to avoid frizz and your hair is at no fault whatsoever.
Here are a few tips to take the frizz down:
1. Wash properly: Don’t wash your hair every day. You will strip your hair of the natural oils that are responsible for smooth hair. If you are used to washing hair every day and you don’t wanna give up on it, make sure you take double care of your hair. Use a mild cleanser.
2. Combing: Don’t keep combing your hair time and again. It will do nothing to catalyze the shine. On the darker side, it will only act as a frizz catalyst. Don’t touch the comb when your hair is wet. Use only your fingers if necessary.
3. Towel dry: Instead of using a towel to dry your hair after a shower, use a cotton tee shirt. Don’t rub your hair. Just blot it. See the wonders it works for you!
4. Mask: If you don’t like hair masks, you should start liking them soon because they are really good for your hair. They will restore the moisture and give your hair more strength. Your hair will look better and style more easily.
5. Styling tools: When you are buying styling tools, make sure you buy a good brand. Don’t go cheap because bad tools can really wreck your hair.