No one likes getting pimples – especially the ones that seem to sprout up overnight and last for months. Luckily, there are tons of treatments that help put a stop to them without emptying your wallet. That’s why we chose these three miracle-workers that break pimples down within 24 hours to give you flawless skin once again. And the best part is, you can get each one of them at your local drugstore.
There are quite a lot of people who are unhappy with how they look. But everyone adopts some way or the other to look better. Nah, you don’t need to go under the knife to get flawless beauty. Here are step by step instructions to give you a flawless and appealing plus, long lasting glowing skin.
First and foremost, cleanse. Use a good and gentle cleanser. Place a little of the cleanser on a cotton ball and apply gently. Lukewarm water is the best. Avoid hot water because it can harm your skin.
Next, tone your skin. You’ll find a number of toners in the market. Choose the right one for your skin type. Those with oily skin may choose toners that have hazel.
Third step is to exfoliate. This is necessary to remove all the dead cells that can cause your skin to crack. Harsh exfoliators are a big no. Use gentle ones and never over-exfoliate. It can damage your healthy cells too.
Steaming every week is a good idea. Boil a pot of water containing a handful of chamomile. After it boils, let it brew and cool. Make sure you don’t touch any blemishes after you are done.
Revitalizing is also important. A mud mask on the T-zone will help you a lot. The T-zone includes your forehead, your nose, your chin and your cheek centers. Whilst the mask dries, place cotton balls soaked in rose water on your eyes. Before trying a new type of face mask, don’t forget a patch test.
Moisturize your skin regularly. It will lead to healthy and young skin. Daily moisturizers also protect from harmful UV rays. Use moisturizers day and night. In the day, use at least SPF 15. In the night, you can use anti aging and anti wrinkle creams.
For many, soaps are the best. Many people think that nothing can moisturize like soap does. However, they are wrong. Soaps are in fact extremely dry. They can damage your skin. Hence you should check the list of ingredients of a soap bar before buying it. Make sure it doesn’t have lye.
Another myth about soaps and skin products is that lather is good. If a soap bar does not produce enough lather, many think it doesn’t work well. The fact is that lather should be avoided. This is especially for those who have dry skin.
Here are a few tips for all skin types –
- Always choose mild cleansers.
- Don’t ever take bath with hot water. Warm or cool water are ideal.
- Over cleansing will lead to dry skin. Avoid it.
- As soon as your pat dry after bathing, apply the moisturizer.
What is acne mechanica really? You may have heard the term before but shrugged it off thinking it is just another name for acne, yeah? Well the answer is a yes and a no. Acne mechanica is acne caused in places of the body that undergoes constant rubbing and heat. For example, a helmet with a chin strap can lead to rashes on your chin. These rashes are in fact acne. Wearing a hat that fits tightly for prolonged periods of time, shoulder pads, tight headbands, tight clothes and bras, etc can all cause acne mechanica.
Acna mechanica is more common in teenagers and young adults, people suffering from sandpaper acne, soldiers, etc.
The condition can be taken care of by ointments containing benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. You can use gels, lotions, creams, etc.
However, prevention is always better than cure. Just some basic precautions can keep acne mechanica at bay.
- Shower immediately after an exercising session or whenever you are sweating.
- Don’t wear hats, helmets, etc for long.
- Don’t wear clothes that are very tight.
- Use cleansers that have salicylic acid as an ingredient.
Be careful not to avoid wearing helmets altogether just because they may cause acne. That’d be sheer stupidity. Just be careful and safe.
Now you know what causes pimples and acne on your body. You can be more careful from now onwards and avoid them altogether.
Here are a few makeover tips for emergencies that you might find strange. But mind you, they are extremely helpful. Go on, try and believe!
- If you want a quick fix for broken or weak and chipped nails, apply a teaspoon of garlic on the base coat. This will strengthen your nails. Some people have also reported that nails grow faster.
- Do you want curls without your rollers? Place a paper bag over your head. Tear the paper of your grocery bag into long strips and roll your hair up with their help. Sleep if you like or if you want the results fast, blow dry them and use hair spray.
- To ward off oily hair, apply plain and dry oatmeal. It absorbs oil very well and you can easily remove it off while you brush your hair.
- If your hair is dry, use mayonnaise. No, this is not a joke. Just try it! Mayonnaise can strengthen your hair and hydrate it well.
- Rinsing your hair in vinegar will give it shine. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then wash with cool water.
- Ice water also gives your hair the shine. Be sure not to go extreme and catch a cold. Just dip your hair in the ice water and not your scalp.
- Do you have nail fungus? Apply VapoRub when you go to sleep and wear gloves or socks. In 6-8 weeks, most of the symptoms will be relieved.