Calluses form on the area of your skin that you apply a lot of pressure to. For example, guitar players may have calluses on their fingers due to prolonged playing of the instrument. These might not be painful on your fingertips but they will be if they form on your feet. They usually form when you wear high heels or very tight shoes.
Here are some tips to prevent calluses:
- Stay away from narrow toes shoes and those that are too tight.
- Avoid high heels or any types of shoes that pressurize your feet.
- Your shoes should fit you perfectly and should be supportive.
- Make sure you measure your size before making a purchase. Your feet won’t be of the same size all the time.
- Preferably, go about your shoe shopping in the evening because your feet are the largest in the later part of the day.
Simply be careful and avoid painful calluses.