Carrot cakes are highly preferable because they are filled with goodness and nutrition! Here’s a very easy recipe for a flourless carrot cake.
You will need:
1. Finely grated carrots: 2 cups
2. Eggs [large]: 12.
3. Ground cinnamon: ½ tsp.
4. Nutmeg: ½ tsp.
5. Sugar: 2 cups
6. Ground almonds: ¾ cup
1. Separate the eggs one after the other. Take two dishes for this. Place the yolks in one and the whites in the other.
2. Now squeeze the carrots in cheesecloth to get rid of as much water as possible from them.
3. Beat the yolks after adding sugar to them. Make sure the mixture is creamy. Now add the spices, almonds, and carrots.
4. Now beat the whites until they form peaks. Add this mixture to the carrot mixture. Make sure you don’t mix too much.
5. Now take an oblong baking dish and pour the mixture into it.
6. Bake for about one and a half hour at 275 degrees F.
Morning breath is fine but if the bad breath lasts all day, you should do something about it. No one likes so much as standing close to someone with bad breath, let alone talking to him or her. There may be many reasons behind bad breath and there are just as many ways to avoid it. Here are a few:
1. Brush your teeth twice a day! Many people don’t bother about it and that leads to horrible breath.
2. Eat better food and follow a proper diet. Add more crisp and fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will help because such crisp fruits can remove all the particles stuck in your gums and between your teeth.
3. Your tongue is a favorite place for bacteria causing halitosis to thrive. Thus, along with your teeth, you have to take care of your tongue too. Buy a good tongue scraper and scrape your tongue regularly.
4. Black tea and green tea are excellent remedies for bad breath. Cardamom is also a great option.
5. Stay hydrated! Along with all the benefits that hydration brings to you, it makes sure you stay away from halitosis too.
6. If nothing works for you, you should talk to the doctor about your bad breath. Bad breath may be a cause of some underlying problem like reflux, liver problems, etc.
Cookies are highly delicious and irresistible. But when you turn these cookies into tarts, they are even better! Here is a recipe of cookie fruit cups that you will definitely love:
You will need:
1. Heavy whipped cream: 8 ounces
2. Sugar cookie dough
3. Kiwi, sliced: ½ cup
4. Strawberries, sliced: ½ cup
5. Non-stick cooking spray.
1. Ready your oven by preheating it to 350 degrees F.
2. Take a muffin tin or a tart pan to press the cookie dough in. It is recommended to spray the pan or tin with the cooking spray.
3. Bakes until it starts to get brown. This will take 8-10 minutes. Halfway through, it’d be advisable to check and press them down if they seem to be puffing too much.
4. Once the cookies are baked, cool them and fill them with the whipped cream. Add fruits for the topping and you are done!
Staying healthy is important but it is not very easy. The fact that it is boring makes it harder. But you know what? It is not necessary for workout to be boring. If you don’t believe me, read ahead to see what I mean:
1. Plant a garden. Yes, working out doesn’t have to be in a gym. You can burn your calories effectively by digging, weeding and planting. Doing all this in the sun will also prod your body to make vitamin D that protects against weakness, heart disease, diabetes, some cancers, weak muscles, etc. Planting your own garden also means that you will have fresh produce that is very healthy.
2. Instead of the boring gym, try other fitness techniques like Sumba. It was help your cardiovascular health to a great extent. You can also try power yoga, cardio-kickboxing, spinning, etc.
3. Research has proved time and again that it is really good for health. Music makes you feel better, improves your mood and reduces stress. Go ahead then and listen to music!
4. The spa not only helps you pamper yourself, it helps you enhance your health. You can get rid of your anxiety and stress and thus help your emotional as well as physical health significantly.
5. Watch movies! Watch funny movies and laugh! Humor can help a great deal in lowering your blood pressure and reducing the stress hormones.
Many people avoid ice creams for dietary reasons and keep it confined to parties and special occasions. However, there are many other reasons to eat ice creams! Here are a few:
1. To celebrate a victory or a triumph: Celebrate happy moments with ice-creams. It may be that your favorite team won the match or that you got a raise. Make it special with some ice-cream!
2. Losses: When you are low, having an ice-cream is a good idea. It may be for any reason such as a broken relationship, a lost pet or a sick friend. Ice cream will make you feel better.
3. Weather: Ice-cream is not just for the hot weather. You can indulge in the yummy flavors during winters too! You can even have them when it is snowing. Eating something so cold can make your body feel
4. Power blackout: When there is no power, ice-cream will melt! So before that happens, enjoy it! Waste not, my friend!
5. Threats: Dire predictions come and go and the news is full of them. If you feel threatened by some news or some upcoming event, have some ice-cream!
Spices and herbs have large amounts of antioxidants along with phytonutrients including falvonoids and carotenoids. Almost every spice and herb comes with many benefits but the best ones are here for you:
1. Cinnamon: Not only is it very delicious, it is also very versatile and easy. You can add it to your coffee grinds or to your tea to make your drink healthy. You can even sprinkle it into oatmeal or mix it with curd. Cinnamon apparently has more health benefits such as regulation of cholesterol and sugar in the body.
2. Ginger: One small teaspoon of ginger has the same level of antioxidants as that as one cup of spinach. You can add it to all kinds of dishes along with ice cream and yogurt! Ginger not only helps the heart, it also solves digestive problems, headache and other problems.
3. Dried red peppers: These will give your dishes the required kick along with helping metabolism and digestion. They have the ability to stimulate fat burning too.
4. Thyme: This antioxidant also helps regulate respiration, thereby reducing any related problem risks.
5. Turmeric: Turmeric has numerous benefits right from fighting signs of aging to helping the heart to protecting the health of your brain. It can be stirred into numerous curry to spice it up.
Want some change from the usual recipes that you cook every day? Here’s an excellent and a very easy one for you!
You will need:
1. Potatoes: 1 pound; peeled and diced
2. Butter: 4 tbsp
3. Truffle pieces: 1 tbsp
4. Truffle oil: 2 tsp
5. Light cream: ½ cup
6. Black pepper; freshly ground: ½ tsp
7. Salt: 1 tsp (don’t use it if you are using ½ tsp truffle salt instead of truffle pieces)
8. Mushrooms: diced; 6-10
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they are nice and tender. Check with a fork to be sure.
2. While the potatoes boil, make truffle butter by combining truffle pieces or the salt with the butter and keep it aside.
3. After the potatoes are cooked, drain them and let them stay in the pot. Add the cream and use a masher to mash the potatoes well.
4. Add the truffle butter and mix. Drizzle some truffle oil over the potatoes and season them with the pepper and salt.
5. Add the mushrooms.
Maintaining your health and your diet is the only way to deal with menstrual cramps. It is easy to speak it than to do it, agreed but here are some foods that will make the monthly ordeal easier for you:
1. Leafy vegetables: They are rich in vitamin B and iron and can thus counter digestion problems that usually come with periods.
2. Nuts: Nuts have omega-3 fatty acids that are filling and nutritious. Replace the junk food bag with
3. Fresh fruits: Fruits are the best remedy to digestion problems during the menstrual cycle. Choose your favorite fruit and go munching so that your digestion is healthy.
4. Whole grains: These are rich in fiber and will aid regular periods. They also have important carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins.
5. Red meat: Iron is very important during your period to avoid anemia because you lose a lot of blood each month. Hence, red meat is ideal to compensate for the lost blood. If you are a vegan, you should take iron supplements.
Lemonade is very refreshing especially when it is summer and the sun is blazing down at you. Frozen lemonade is an even better option in such a scenario. Depending on your preference, you could eat it frozen or like a sorbet. Here’s how you can make yummy and refreshing frozen lemonade:
You will need:
1. Lemonade: one batch. Make it according to your preference.
2. Ice: 3 cups
1. Blend the ice in a high speed blender until it is chunky and has broken up properly.
2. Add the lemonade and blend so that it freezes and is smooth.
3. There you are! Beat the heat with it this summer!
Are you tired of pigs-in-a-blanket and looking for something different to spice up your appetizer tray? Lauren Chattman from Pillsbury shows us how to make Thai pizza appetizers that have a sweet and spicy kick.