We are all chocolate lovers. Most of us are banana lovers too! Combine these two elements and you’ll be left with an amazing banana cookie that you can’t have enough of! Here is the recipe for you:
You will need:
1. Brown sugar: 1 cup
2. Butter: ½ cup
3. Shortening: ½ cup
4. Eggs: 2
5. Bananas [overripe and mashed] – 3
6. Flour: 2 cups
7. Salt: 1 tsp
8. Rolled oats: 1 cup
9. Baking powder: 1 tsp
10. Cinnamon: 1 tsp
11. Mini chocolate chips: ½ cup
12. Icing sugar: ¼ cup
13. Vanilla extract: ½ tsp
14. Peanut butter: 4 tbsp
15. Heavy cream: ½ cup
16. Semi-sweet chocolate chips: ½ cup
The method of preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter, shortening and brown sugar at medium power in a stand mixer. Let it combine well and become fluffy. Once it combines well, add the eggs and bananas and beat thoroughly.
3. Take a bowl and combine the oats, salt, flour, cinnamon and baking powder and whisk well.
4. Add the above mixture to the creamed sugar mixture. Mix well. Fold the mini chocolate chips into the mixture.
5. Use a small scoop to scoop out the dough and put it into the baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes. The bottoms should turn golden brown.
7. Let the cookies cool and then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
8. Store the cookies for two days in an air-tight container.
9. Combine icing sugar, heavy cream, peanut butter and vanilla in a bowl and mix until thick.
10. Frost the cookies with the frosting and then drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
11. Let it set for 3 hours before serving.