Smoothies are loved by one and all. But do you want to try something different with your favourite smoothie to perhaps give it a kick? Here are a few ingredients that you could add and make it taste amazing!
1. Cinnamon – It is tasty as well as healthy! It adds sweetness to your smoothie and takes care of your appetite by making you feel full.
2. Tofu – You love cream? Add tofu and make your smoothie rich and smooth. Also, the added protein will only do you good!
3. Dates – Add dates without the pits to sweeten your smoothie instead of the usual sweeteners!
4. Avocado – Are you surprised? Don’t be. Add avocados and you will see what a transformation your smoothie makes.
5. Oats – You know they are very good for you. Just add some oats to thicken your smoothie and take in all the nutrients packed in oats.
6. Almond Butter – This will convert your smoothie into a meal. What else could you ask for? No, it won’t taste weird. It’ll blend perfectly and your smoothie will be creamy and very filling.
7. Fresh Herbs – You could add these to your strawberry smoothie.
Parties are generally diet wreckers. We all tend to get a tad too careless when we are hosting parties. We end up eating more than we should and that wrecks our diet like nothing else could. Are you planning on hosting a barbecue bash? Or a pool party? Or just any party? Well, there are ways to keep your food intake in control. Here are three fail proof tips.
Firstly, choose lean meat. Of course hot dogs and beef burgers are traditional and almost a must have at a party but you could go for something like chicken or tuna steak. White meat turkey is also a good option. You could also add vegetarian to your menu and go for mushrooms.
Stay away from bread. Have lettuce though.
Keep booze to the bare minimum. You can replace alcohol with something like ice tea. If you have to drink and there is no way out, stick to white wine.
Here’s a mini tip that will help you a lot – drink about 2 glasses of water before the party. That will keep your appetite in check.
Do you love spending time in the kitchen and experimenting? Here’s a quick, tangy, yummy tomato basil sauce recipe to enrich your taste buds.
First up, take 3 large and ripe tomatoes and chop them. Make sure you discard the seeds alongside.
After this, add around 2 tbsp of olive oil, ¼ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of black pepper that has been freshly ground.
Taste and see if you like it. If you want it a little sweet, add a little sugar. Just a little will do it.
Take about 5 basil leaves and slice them. Toss them into the sauce.
Serve it with whatever you love – pasta or spaghetti or linguine.
There are many foods that are dubbed as power foods but here are 12 that are extremely beneficial and helpful. They will give you the least amount of calories and the highest amount of nutrition. All these 12 foods are plant foods. Plant foods are known for being rich in chemicals that help the body become healthier.
All of the chemicals are great anti oxidants. They cleanse the body and prevent damage of the cells. Thus, they prevent deadly diseases such as diabetes, inflammation, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease and premature aging.
Also, these 12 foods are of different varieties, making sure that you get the best of each essential nutrient. They are healthy, they are beneficial and of course, they are tasty!
Here are the foods you must include in your diet for sure –
- Bell peppers
- Citrus fruits
- Olive oil
- Whole grains
Here’s an incentive for you to use olive oil. Oh yes, I know you already love olive oil and use loads of it. I’m going to give you a bigger reason to use olive oil.
Recent researches have revealed that olive oil has numerous health benefits. French scientists conducted a series of tests and came to the conclusion that people who cook in olive oil and/or use it to drizzle it over foods have a wide number of health advantages over those who don’t. The biggest advantage – hold your breath – is that it reduces the risk of a stroke by 73%!! Isn’t that amazing?
The more, the better it is when it comes to olive oil!
Come on, try it on now and those of you who don’t use a lot of olive oil should change their cooking habits very soon for olive oil indeed is a life saver!
Love Pancakes? Here is a recipe that you must try out. It is called Chilli Pancake. Spice your pancakes up and enjoy them!
You will need –
- 100 gm of flour
- 300 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic. Make sure it is skinned and nicely crushed
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 chopped yellow pepper
- 425 gm of drained red kidney beans
- 397 gm of can tomatoes
- 425 gm of baked beans
- 50 gm of grated Red Leicester cheese
Method of Preparation –
- Take the flour in the bowl and add the egg in the centre after making a well in the flour. Add the milk gradually and beat it well so that a smooth batter is formed.
- On a hot frying pan, pour 3 tbsp of the batter and cook well until the pancake moves easily. Continue cooking until it is golden colored. You can make 8 such pancakes.
- Simmer garlic, beans, chilli powder, onion and tomatoes for 15 minutes in a pan. After this add the pepper and green beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- This is the filling for the pancakes. Divide it among the pancakes and fold each pancake into a triangle. Place them in baking dish in a uniform layer and then sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Grill them until the cheese melts.
When you are dieting, you sure don’t want to be munching away. Most of the times you don’t even realize that you are eating a lot of snacks. This is why here are a few snacks that are healthy and that will keep your cravings at bay. They are nutritious and thus serve two purposes simultaneously.
Try eating roasted peanuts. They are not only delicious, they are highly nutritious and will help you feel full. Thus you won’t feel hungry during your diet.
Popcorn is also another option. It is low calorie and has fibres that help in muscles development. The ingredients used are also known to be detoxifying.
Milk and cereal is also very good for health and an excellent alternative during diets. They are highly proteinaceous and give the body the required energy.
Tart cherries are another great option. You can simply eat them raw or drink their juice. You can easily control weight gain by eating these.
Cantaloupe will surely keep unhealthy and fattening snacks at bay. You can make different desserts using cantaloupe and gain a lot of Vitamin C. You can try making different delicious recipes too. Even this ingredient is a great detoxifier.