Good, voluminous hair defines a woman. Whether you choose to cut it short or grow it long, you should be careful about a few things. Maintaining your locks and taking good care of them is very important. If you leave them to their fate, they will spoil in no time and make you look positively ghastly. Here are a few things – that seem obvious but are ignored by many – to keep in mind.
First and foremost, buy a proper shampoo. There are many different brands and types and they make choosing difficult, agreed. So whatever your brand may be, make sure it is a good one. To be on the safe side, buy a neutral shampoo. A mild one is also a good choice.
Secondly, start using a conditioner. Conditioners are quite important because they protect hair from external influences such as sunlight and pollution.
Egg. You heard it right. Egg. Mix it with your shampoo, apply it for 5 minutes tops and wash it off. Warm water would be ideal. Your hair will be significantly stronger and shiny.
A lot depends on your diet, even the growth and strength of your hair. Eat loads of vegetables. Meat and fish are also great for the hair. Include them in your diet.
Massages are also an excellent option. You can do it yourself. While washing your hair, dedicate some time to massaging slowly. It helps your hair plus it helps you relax overall.
Lastly, always choose the right kind of brush for your hair. Never brush your wet hair. Let it dry first. Brushing wet hair will cause a lot of hair fall.
Dogs! Aren’t they simply adorable? They can be your best pals. If you have a pet, you’ll know what I am talking about. These fluffy like sweethearts can do much more than just look cute and get naughty. They of course, protect you from intruders and they are extremely loyal. But raising a pet is no easy deal. There are numerous things to keep in mind before buying or adopting a dog. A dog is also a living thing and it has feelings. It wants attention, it wants to impress you and most important – it needs your time.
Unless you are sure you will be able to spend quality time with your dog, don’t adopt one. Dogs can be extremely sensitive and yes, they feel lonely too. If you don’t take time out for them, they will feel very isolated and low. Dogs are animals full of fun and energy. Explore that and have fun with him. Playing with your dog and watching him run with his tongue dangling will make you feel good too. It can be your stress buster each day.
It is just wonderful to know that someone waits for you and looks forward to spend with you, right? Your dog will do that for you. His enthusiasm when he sees you will surely brighten up even a dull day. Be sure however to feed him well, groom him well and to train him. A badly behaved, spoiled dog will keep you on your toes all the time and will never listen to you.
Start your training early. The earlier, the better. Start slowly and move to bigger things one at a time. Don’t rush because he could get all confused and annoyed sometimes. Don’t EVER hit your dog or any pet for that matter. They won’t learn if you beat them. Be nice, praise them when they do right and treat them. Scold when they do wrong and make them realize that they are being scolded for a reason.
If you start early, you won’t have to worry about your dog’s bad habits. If you don’t own a dog, it is time you got one. They are beautiful pets.
Their two year long happy relationship has come to an end. Yes, George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis have split.
“We are not together anymore. It’s very difficult and very personal, and we hope everyone can respect our privacy,” Clooney and Canalis said in a joint statement on Wednesday.
Canalis’s publicist also added: “It is a very personal and sad matter, and Elisabetta wants it to remain that way. She will be taking some time … and then will face the press. She has not authorized me to say when the split happened.”
Only last week they were seen in Italy having a meal together. The beautiful couple had come out in the open about their relationship in 2009, September. Yes, I love it!” she had exclaimed then.
Here are a few makeover tips for emergencies that you might find strange. But mind you, they are extremely helpful. Go on, try and believe!
- If you want a quick fix for broken or weak and chipped nails, apply a teaspoon of garlic on the base coat. This will strengthen your nails. Some people have also reported that nails grow faster.
- Do you want curls without your rollers? Place a paper bag over your head. Tear the paper of your grocery bag into long strips and roll your hair up with their help. Sleep if you like or if you want the results fast, blow dry them and use hair spray.
- To ward off oily hair, apply plain and dry oatmeal. It absorbs oil very well and you can easily remove it off while you brush your hair.
- If your hair is dry, use mayonnaise. No, this is not a joke. Just try it! Mayonnaise can strengthen your hair and hydrate it well.
- Rinsing your hair in vinegar will give it shine. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then wash with cool water.
- Ice water also gives your hair the shine. Be sure not to go extreme and catch a cold. Just dip your hair in the ice water and not your scalp.
- Do you have nail fungus? Apply VapoRub when you go to sleep and wear gloves or socks. In 6-8 weeks, most of the symptoms will be relieved.
There are many foods that are dubbed as power foods but here are 12 that are extremely beneficial and helpful. They will give you the least amount of calories and the highest amount of nutrition. All these 12 foods are plant foods. Plant foods are known for being rich in chemicals that help the body become healthier.
All of the chemicals are great anti oxidants. They cleanse the body and prevent damage of the cells. Thus, they prevent deadly diseases such as diabetes, inflammation, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease and premature aging.
Also, these 12 foods are of different varieties, making sure that you get the best of each essential nutrient. They are healthy, they are beneficial and of course, they are tasty!
Here are the foods you must include in your diet for sure –
- Bell peppers
- Citrus fruits
- Olive oil
- Whole grains
Here are a few reasons for you to hang out more often with your friends. Puh, like you needed a reason! But our lives are too busy and we can’t take time out often. So here are a few reasons that will work as great incentives for you to take some time out for your friends –
- They will warn you when things go wrong. Your friends will be there for you because they know you the best. They want the best for you and they will try as much as possible to help you. Whether you work too much or start drinking too much, you can rely on your friends to tell you off and bring you right back on track.
- Friends are the best way to beat depression. They will stay with you through thick and thin. They will never let you isolate yourself. Good friends will cater to all your emotional needs and make sure you are never lonely.
- Social support is the most important during times of tragedy. When someone meets with an accident or suffers a sexual assault, good friends will always reach out. The presence of such friends makes it a tad easier to cope and move on.
- They help you relieve stress and tension.
- You can spice your life up by doing different things with your friends – new activities, interesting things, going out sometimes. You will have a lot of fun and your life will be full of activity.
In an awful mood? Go to your garden and spend some time or buy yourself some flowers. Yes, studies say that flowers are an amazing way of boosting one’s mood. They have the ability to relax your mind and make you feel better.
It doesn’t matter which flower it is. Choose your favourite flower. It’ll do the trick for you. This is exactly the reason why many people like placing flowers on their work desk and in their homes.
The aroma is very soothing and can really make a person feel better. The most popular flowers are daffodils, tulips, zinnias, tea roses, etc.
Go ahead then, make your work desk or house look beautiful and smell great. Plus, make the environment peaceful and relaxing. Keep the bad mood at bay!
About 2 months ago, Ashlee Simpson was seen with her estranged husband Pete Wentz having a comfortable time. Well, she has come out into the open with another man now.
On June 15th, she was spotted getting cozy with Vincent Piazza. The two were seen kissing and holding arms comfortably.
Simpson was also seen with Craig Owens around a month ago after splitting with Wentz. But then that seemingly didn’t last long.
Wentz however hasn’t been linked with anyone after his split with Simpson.
Here’s an incentive for you to use olive oil. Oh yes, I know you already love olive oil and use loads of it. I’m going to give you a bigger reason to use olive oil.
Recent researches have revealed that olive oil has numerous health benefits. French scientists conducted a series of tests and came to the conclusion that people who cook in olive oil and/or use it to drizzle it over foods have a wide number of health advantages over those who don’t. The biggest advantage – hold your breath – is that it reduces the risk of a stroke by 73%!! Isn’t that amazing?
The more, the better it is when it comes to olive oil!
Come on, try it on now and those of you who don’t use a lot of olive oil should change their cooking habits very soon for olive oil indeed is a life saver!
Love Pancakes? Here is a recipe that you must try out. It is called Chilli Pancake. Spice your pancakes up and enjoy them!
You will need –
- 100 gm of flour
- 300 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic. Make sure it is skinned and nicely crushed
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 chopped yellow pepper
- 425 gm of drained red kidney beans
- 397 gm of can tomatoes
- 425 gm of baked beans
- 50 gm of grated Red Leicester cheese
Method of Preparation –
- Take the flour in the bowl and add the egg in the centre after making a well in the flour. Add the milk gradually and beat it well so that a smooth batter is formed.
- On a hot frying pan, pour 3 tbsp of the batter and cook well until the pancake moves easily. Continue cooking until it is golden colored. You can make 8 such pancakes.
- Simmer garlic, beans, chilli powder, onion and tomatoes for 15 minutes in a pan. After this add the pepper and green beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- This is the filling for the pancakes. Divide it among the pancakes and fold each pancake into a triangle. Place them in baking dish in a uniform layer and then sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Grill them until the cheese melts.